IMPORTANT! Changes to the servers and the team!

Talk about the Silly Project LFS servers in here, for Demo, S1 and S2 modes ...

IMPORTANT! Changes to the servers and the team!

Postby Dan » Fri 8 Feb 2008 18:55

As alot of you know already, but some of you don't, there has been alot of changes here lately.
As admin, I have had to make some hard decisions lately, along with the other team leaders.

Here is a basic list of changes that have been made so far :

12/2007 - Team SPTR left Patch X12, to only meet on the new Patch Y servers.
12/2007 - Silly Project dropped the number of X12 servers to only 5 demo servers and 5 S2 servers.
01/2008 - Silly Project dropped the S2V Tweak server, the server was not used alot and Patch V is too old now.
01/2008 - Silly Project updated the LFSLapper insim mod to the latest version on all the servers.
02/2008 - Silly Project changed it's server setup from one single physical server to two physical servers.
02/2008 - Silly Project dropped the X12 servers completely, to only host Patch Y servers for Demo and S1.
02/2008 - Silly Project updated the LFSLapper insim mod to the latest version on all the servers.
02/2008 - Silly Project dropped all Demo and S1 servers, to only host Patch Y servers for S2.
02/2008 - Team SPTR left Demo and S1 modes, and is now officially an S2 team only.

So to recap, all that basically means, we now only support S2 on Patch Y, and we have a different server setup.
The decision to leave Demo was a hard one, but it was deemed necessary for quite a few reasons ...

Here are some of the reasons why decided to change to S2 only :

- The team will not progress if we keep straddeling all 3 modes of LFS, we need to focus better.
- Since the changes that came with Patch Y, alot of people have left or refused to upgrade to Patch Y.
- Demo mode is not as good as it used to be, the loss off the XRT has killed alot of the fun for most people.
- Demo mode has ALOT of problems with crashers, noobs, idiots, fake team members and wannabe hackers.
- It was decided that S1 was pointless, there are not enough people with just an S1 licence to be worthwhile.
- S2 mode has alot more content, cars, tracks, layouts, skins, teams, competitons and so much more ...
- Most of our main team members have an S2 licence now, so we might as well use them!

Silly Project was one of the biggest and most popular Demo hosts, but I'm afraid that must come to and end now.
Our team and reputation was built upon the Demo mode of LFS, so it's a regretable loss, but it's time to move on ...
We are aiming to become a more focused, better organised, and most of all, a more fun and competitive team in S2.

I would like to say thank you to all of our Demo users for your wonderful support since we started in June 2007.
I must say that without you all, Silly Project and team SPTR would not have grown to what it is now ...
I hope one day we will all meet again in S2 mode, so until then, keep racing, drifting and cruising!

As we have now closed all of the Demo and S1 servers, we now have a whole range of new S2 servers!
There is a wide range of servers, from racing, to drifting, to cruising, to special layouts and trials ...

Here is a list of the new SP servers in S2 mode :

Server name ..................... Tracks .... Layouts

SP 01 Blackwood Club ............. BL1
SP 02 Blackwood Masters ........ BL1
SP 03 South City Club ............ SO6
SP 04 South City Masters ........ SO4
SP 05 Fern Bay Club .............. FE3
SP 06 Fern Bay Masters .......... FE4
SP 07 Kyoto Club .................. KY2
SP 08 Kyoto Masters .............. KY3
SP 09 Westhill Club ............... WE1R
SP 10 Westhill Masters ........... WE1
SP 11 Aston Club .................. AS3
SP 12 Aston Masters .............. AS5

SP 13 Cadet Challenge ............ SO3, SO3R, FE1, FE1R, AS1, AS1R
SP 14 Open Challenge ............. SO6, SO6R, KY3, KY3R, AS6, AS6R
SP 15 Oval Challenge .............. KY1, KY1R
SP 16 Rally Masters ................ BL2, BL2R, FE5, FE5R, FE6, FE6R
SP 17 Drag Masters ................ AU4

SP 18 Silly City Black .............. BL1R .... Layout by Dan
SP 19 Silly City Central ............ SO4R ... Layout by Dan
SP 20 Silly City Bay ................ FE3 ...... Layout by Dan, Stevo and Robbo
SP 21 Silly City Ring ............... KY2R .... Layout by Dan
SP 22 Silly City North .............. AS7R .... Layout by Dan and Soleas

SP 23 BlackSide Drifterz .......... BL1R
SP 24 SouthSide Drifterz .......... SO4R
SP 25 BaySide Drifterz ............ FE3R
SP 26 RingSide Drifterz ........... KY2R

SP 27 BL Ramp Cross V1 .......... BL1 ...... Layout found on LFSForum
SP 28 BL Ramp Cross V2 .......... BL1 ...... Layout found on LFSForum
SP 29 Car Park Maze .............. BL3 ...... Layout found on LFSForum
SP 30 Car Park Arena ............. BL3 ...... Layout found on LFSForum
SP 31 Car Park Offroad ........... BL3 ...... Layout found on LFSForum
SP 32 Mini Trial V1 ................ BL3 ...... Layout found on LFSForum
SP 33 Mini Trial V2 ................ BL3 ...... Layout found on LFSForum
SP 34 Race of Champions ........ BL3 ....... Layout found on LFSForum
SP 35 MRT Karting ................ AU1 ...... Layout found on LFSForum
SP 36 Motorland ................... AU1 ...... Layout found on LFSForum
SP 37 Daytona National ........... AU1 ...... Layout found on LFSForum
SP 38 Top Gear Track ............ AU1 ....... Layout found on LFSForum
SP 39 Driftland .................... AU1 ....... Layout found on LFSForum
SP 40 Drift and Chase ............ BL3 ........ Layout by Dan
SP 41 Annoying Trial .............. BL1R ...... Layout by Dan

SP 42 SPTR Team Server ......... SO6

As you can see, there are 42 servers in total, and they are all online 24/7.
You can check the status of each server and see who is online by clicking here ...
If you cannot see the servers in the online list in LFS, please check the filters at the bottom.
It's quite likely that most of the servers will be empty and won't show up with the default filter settings.

The change from Demo and S1 to S2 will be a hard of for Silly Project and the SPTR team ...
There is alot for competition for both servers and teams in S2, so this means starting again from scratch.
I am looking forward to the challenge, and we all need to work hard together to make our mark on S2 ...

Please feel free to post any comments, questions and problems you may have below ... :SM001:
~ Dan
Drifting is the skilled art of rapidly avoiding noobs, at crazy angles with lots of smoke!
Welcome to Silly Project, feel free to make yourself at home, just don't touch my Pringles, hehe!
Dan
I'm admin, me!

Re: IMPORTANT! Changes to the servers and the team!

Postby trackah123 » Sat 9 Feb 2008 00:18

Just out of curiousity, are you guys going to use the SPTR Night,Desert,Snow,Future and Autumnmod servers or are those scrapped now?
trackah123
250 cc

Re: IMPORTANT! Changes to the servers and the team!

Postby Dutch3raser » Sun 10 Feb 2008 11:25

i really loved those demo servers :( but it`s ur choice i think it`s ok...
i have to look for a other 1 now well cya ...

Gr. Dutch :)
http://home.bgnetwork.nl thaths our site :)...
Dutch3raser
750 cc

Return to The Silly Project LFS Servers