Extreme overclocking

Hardware, software, overclocking, new technologies, problems, and much more!

Extreme overclocking

Postby Dan » Wed 7 Nov 2007 13:30

Here's a video I found by accident one day a while back ... :)

Watch the video here :

- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJvLJtyBFBM

You just have to love the end, haha ... :D
~ Dan
Drifting is the skilled art of rapidly avoiding noobs, at crazy angles with lots of smoke!
Welcome to Silly Project, feel free to make yourself at home, just don't touch my Pringles, hehe!
Dan
I'm admin, me!

Re: Extreme overclocking

Postby Stevo » Wed 7 Nov 2007 16:43

btw with me being a noob and all, what is overclocking? is it when there is too much power being produced and it just blows up? lol :?
(¯`·._.·[Ś†Êvö]·._.·´¯)
Stevo
2.2L Turbo

Postby josh_fast_back » Sat 10 Nov 2007 07:19

Yes what is overclocking...funny vid but i do not understand it...
josh_fast_back
500 cc

Postby jasper » Mon 12 Nov 2007 16:33

I think it's like.. getting most out of your pc, more than is uhh 'standard' or seomthing.
jasper
1.6L

Postby TunedRacing|Mo » Wed 21 Nov 2007 20:16

Overclocking is simple. The whole point of it is to get more out of your hardware without paying more for it. For example, you could spend 650 pound on the Intel Core 2 Duo E6850, which is clocked at 2.9ghz. Or, for 170 pounds, buy the quad core Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600. This is clocked at standard at 2.66 ghz. Here comes the overclocking. By changing certain values in your computers bios, it is possible to make the CPU run much faster than it's standard speed. For example, a friend of mine has a Q6600, but he has overclocked his to 4.1ghz. Thats 4 processing cores running at 4.1ghz each. Much faster than the 650 pound E6850. It has 2 more processing cores, as well. Overclocking is affected by a variety of things. The revision of bios your PC has installed. The specific product code of your CPU. E.g, a Q6600 with the letters SLACR at the end of the product code will overclock further than one without. And lastly, how willing your CPU is to overclock. Some are much more willing to go faster than others. Unfortunately, overclocking is only officially supported by very few computer companies. Alienware, Rock and Dell (but only on the XPS systems) support overclocking. 99% of all computer component manufacturers will support overclocking to some degree, but not all.

Wow, that was a long post...

Hope that clears it up for you!
TunedRacing|Mo
500 cc

Postby Stevo » Wed 21 Nov 2007 23:21

wow yes thanks m8... good explinasion ;) thanks again :)
(¯`·._.·[Ś†Êvö]·._.·´¯)
Stevo
2.2L Turbo

Return to The computer section