Suggestion, should be taken into consideration!!

Talk about the Silly Project LFS servers in here, for Demo, S1 and S2 modes ...

Suggestion, should be taken into consideration!!

Postby Urunico2641 » Sun 18 Nov 2007 07:06

Hey admins, Dan, and the Whole Crew of Silly Project:

I had a suggestion, complete with how to do it, (but only if you want to of course, I'm not the admin here :mrgreen: )

I've tested the Night, Snow and Desert Edition of LFS, so far, I loved snow and night.

I wanted to suggest, well, why not make a server for the Night Mod For Racing and the Parking lot?
Same goes for Snow, a server thats based in winter.

As for the people, You should have a special section in your website, where people can download the Mod, or even the full version which I'm going to host, although I'm going to see if I can host the whole file in a File-sharing site.

2 Reasons Why: This'll be a first time a server has hosted such a thing, no-one has ever attempted it!!!
and people will love it! Trust me, sadly I can't host any of my own servers since I do not have a server,so i decided to give the idea to you.

I hope you like the thought, wish to make it happen! Keep in Touch!

Nick
Nicolas
Urunico2641
250 cc

Re: Suggestion, should be taken into consideration!!

Postby Stevo » Sun 18 Nov 2007 10:43

hey nick, a very good idea ;), we will take into concideration, but the only problem may just be setting up another server which be an issue...
(¯`·._.·[Ś†Êvö]·._.·´¯)
Stevo
2.2L Turbo

Postby Urunico2641 » Sun 18 Nov 2007 15:55

True, making a new server would be a bit of a pain,

although, this may sound like sacrificing one thing for another, but what if you took one of the servers that were barely used, if any? Also, I tested out the Night Edition of LFS on one of you servers, so it seems, it looks like I can have the Night Edition while other can have the day editon.

But November is flying by and December is soon going to be here, maybe a Silly Project Winter Race would be a great idea.

Also, the Files to install the any of these Mods are a bit tedious, but they're simple, just replace the files with the ones that are included in the Mod.

I'll post up the Links to the files from my RapidShare account in the next Messege.
Nicolas
Urunico2641
250 cc

Postby Stevo » Sun 18 Nov 2007 15:59

yes ok... good idea to post the link so we can download the snow mod ^^ good idea :D
(¯`·._.·[Ś†Êvö]·._.·´¯)
Stevo
2.2L Turbo

Postby Urunico2641 » Sun 18 Nov 2007 16:33

I'll try to find another Webhosting site, I don't like the way it takes forever to get the file.

In the meantime, here's the URL to the Snow Edition, the Desert Edition and the Readme file, the Night Edition will follow up.

When you click on the URl, scroll down and click on Free:

Next you'll see that about in the middle of the page it should say

'"Download Ticket reserved. In XXX Minutes (typically 1.1 should show up) your download will be ready"

Afterwards It'll show you a number of options, Select Via Level(3), I used it, so it should work.

The You should Download the ReadMe File as it helps out!! Strongly recommend it.

URLS:

[ URL's removed by admin ~ Dan ]

Enjoy!
Nicolas
Urunico2641
250 cc

Postby jasper » Sun 18 Nov 2007 17:14

It's looking really snowy, but it's not slippery or something at all..
jasper
1.6L

Postby Dan » Mon 19 Nov 2007 01:44

Hey Urunico2641, welcome to the forum and thank you for your suggestion. ;)

I decided that it was a good idea, so I've made some new servers for it ... :D

SillyProject 14 Winter :

- http://www.sillyproject.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=497

SillyProject 15 Desert :

- http://www.sillyproject.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=498

SillyProject 16 Night :

- http://www.sillyproject.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=499

You can get information and download the specific mod from each topic ... ;)

I've edited the zip files that you posted a little, as there were some unnecessary files in it.
For example, you don't need the LFS.exe that was in it, or the brake/interior textures and so on.
Now I've made the changes, the files are slightly smaller to download and it works fine, so all's good!

All 3 servers can be on Blackwood GP or Blackwood GP Reverse, and you can choose how many laps etc.
Sorry, but I don't want to make any more Car Park servers, we already have 3, and that's enough ...
I think that racing or drifting with these mods would be much more fun than the Car Park ...
Oh, and the servers will also tell you to download the mod when you connect ...

There you go ... ;)
~ Dan
Drifting is the skilled art of rapidly avoiding noobs, at crazy angles with lots of smoke!
Welcome to Silly Project, feel free to make yourself at home, just don't touch my Pringles, hehe!
Dan
I'm admin, me!

Postby Urunico2641 » Wed 21 Nov 2007 20:45

Great! Thanks a million Dan!!

I'm very impressed with the Mod Advising, it lets you know!!

I'm really glad I suggested it, Now people can enjoy a snowy climate for the winter,
just in time for Christmas!

Thanks again Dan! You're Awesome!

BTW I'm quiting Team [omni] since it died out ;), I decided Silly Project is a great team.

and your servers work 24/7, an amazing feat, since many have to shut their PC's and/or servers down.

and whats more, The SPTeam are good racers with good sportsmanship!!

Thanks again Dan!

I'm going to apply for the SillyProject team, see you around!!

Nick
Nicolas
Urunico2641
250 cc

Return to The Silly Project LFS Servers