Attitude in demo servers.

Post reports or complaints in here. Requests to become an admin will be ignored!

Attitude in demo servers.

Postby albieg » Wed 19 Dec 2007 20:07

Greetings.
I have been in a Silly Project demo server just to be irritated by the behaviour of two guys: one was an administrator, the other one kept saying that user A or B was a noob, and asking for bans (which were granted). A once full grid (and not of intentional wreckers) diminished to three users.
I have been offended by this guy who kept spamming, insulting other racers and asking for bans. Is it normal behaviour for your admins to accept that?
I can provide the names of both the admin and the idiot (who may be fast and young, but doesn't know how to live). Sadly I wasn't smart enough to save replays, but I bet you can easily browse server logs to see what was going on about half an hour ago on the Pro Server.

As a licensed S2 user I am used to a completely different behaviour. I am not fast because I have little time to practice, but when I do I try to be fair, and I try to have fun. As you may have understood, I didn't have fun in your server. I wasn't banned, but I don't think I will ever come back to a server of yours as long as they are so poorly administered.

I wrote this just to let you know, and to know more about your attitude, so I'll know better next time.

Regards,
Albieg
albieg
125 cc

Re: Attitude in demo servers.

Postby Dan » Wed 19 Dec 2007 20:46

Hey Albieg, welcome to the Silly Project Forum ... ;)

Thank you for your feedback. To answer your question, no, SPTR admins - should - behave properly.
I'll have a look into it. If you ever see it happen again, please save and post the replay here ...
~ Dan
Drifting is the skilled art of rapidly avoiding noobs, at crazy angles with lots of smoke!
Welcome to Silly Project, feel free to make yourself at home, just don't touch my Pringles, hehe!
Dan
I'm admin, me!

Postby albieg » Wed 19 Dec 2007 21:22

Thank you for your prompt answer and for the welcome ;)

If I'll be back to your servers, I'll save the replays, review them and send them to you if I find something irritating.

Edit: I took a look to the temp replay, I was the only licensed user there. I was spectating because I was p****d off. This replay doesn't tell much apart from me being angry (although what I said isn't different from what I said here), and for the friend of the admin asking for a ban because I was spectating... At least the admin asked why... But overall, friendship shouldn't condone unjustified rude attitude towards other users. The replay doesn't tell the whole story, so it may make me look like a fool. Nevertheless, if you want it, I can send it to you privately.
albieg
125 cc

Postby Stevo » Wed 19 Dec 2007 22:37

hmmm, this sounds quite bad... do you know which member/name it was? If it is ok, could you send it to me so then I could have a quick look at it? thanks for your time in entering this post
(¯`·._.·[Ś†Êvö]·._.·´¯)
Stevo
2.2L Turbo

Postby albieg » Wed 19 Dec 2007 22:48

It's okay, I don't mind sending it privately to you. I just ask you to remind that my behaviour is influenced by what happened before, so put my words in context as a reaction to what happened before, and that means: if I say to someone he's a noob when he rear-ends someone who brakes a little early at T1, it's just because he used that expression repeatedly before for users who did nothing to him. I just suspect two guys wanted to have the cleanest racing possible and they gave no explanation whatsoever to people before kicking/banning. I saw no warnings, but no blatant or intentional wrecking too, apart from the usual T1 mayhem (see noob above).

Thank you for your time to consider this issue. None of the people who answered to my post, judging from nicknames, are involved.
albieg
125 cc

Postby Stevo » Wed 19 Dec 2007 23:18

I have annalised the reply, the result is that the admin at the time was innicent and did no wrong or nothing of an affence. It was another demo user named [AD] Egert who you did not get along with calling each other names, so that is why it has ended up like this. We will have a word with [AD] Egert and sort him out, on the other hand, you could of just ignored him and this wouldn't of happened. Even with [AD] Egert trying to get you banned by the admin, the admin would not of folowed his orders unless he too knows tht if that person was a crasher/problem etc. This happens all the time on demos, people not gettin along, calling people names, my advice, stick to S2 ;)
(¯`·._.·[Ś†Êvö]·._.·´¯)
Stevo
2.2L Turbo

Postby albieg » Wed 19 Dec 2007 23:35

stevo wrote:I have annalised the reply, the result is that the admin at the time was innicent and did no wrong or nothing of an affence. It was another demo user named [AD] Egert who you did not get along with calling each other names

You already know the rest, you only have the last replay, as I specified earlier in this thread.

But I think I'll follow your advice on S2. I'll stick to the servers I trust.

Regards,
Albieg
albieg
125 cc

Postby Dan » Wed 19 Dec 2007 23:42

We have the server logs as well, so we know exactly what happened (for chatting/ban/kicks/etc). ;)

I agree with Stevo, I don't think the admin in question did anything too bad ...
However, I will have a talk with the admin anyway, and give him a warning to take more care.

It's a well known fact that demo players act like kids, if you want serious racing, stick to S2.
If you still want to play on demo, then you have to remain calm, ignore and avoid the noobs, and race ...

I'm sorry that you had a bad experience on our servers, I just hope it won't stop you from comming back.
~ Dan
Drifting is the skilled art of rapidly avoiding noobs, at crazy angles with lots of smoke!
Welcome to Silly Project, feel free to make yourself at home, just don't touch my Pringles, hehe!
Dan
I'm admin, me!

Postby albieg » Wed 19 Dec 2007 23:45

I understand we have different standards. Anyway, thank you for the time you spent investigating this issue.
albieg
125 cc

Postby Dan » Wed 19 Dec 2007 23:48

Ok, well let this be the end of it ...
~ Dan
Dan
I'm admin, me!

Return to Report crashers, cheaters, etc.