Ok, I'm starting to get annoyed now ...

Talk about the Silly Project LFS servers in here, for Demo, S1 and S2 modes ...

Re: Ok, I'm starting to get annoyed now ...

Postby Z-Radical » Thu 14 Feb 2008 22:54

I think you re totally right.I'm still not a member of the team cause i'll buy an s2 license in march then get tested etc etc...For SPTR team members.I don't think even for those who are playing also in other nserver that it is difficult to be at the meetings once or twice a week.A Team is a team if u don't like teamwork just stay out of it and don't try to destroy that to make u useless people feel great..And also u must be proud of your work and never get disappointed.The server are some of the best and they have low ping so they re running really good.

P.S. I'm waiting my birthday to buy a license and then i will totally get tested...WooHoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Z-Radical
125 cc

Postby Stevo » Thu 14 Feb 2008 22:58

Yes, I totally agree about what has all been said.

I cannot complain, as saddly as you know, I am one of them.

I think it has come to addictivity of why I go to TC with the insim and all friends I have made, also with being a COP and players being on there 24/7.

I do feel sorry thinking about it, as Dan is bending over backwards for the team, putting all his hard work savings into the servers, and all his time to keep it running.

I have had a lot of fun helping out and upgrading myself up to admin from the very start I joined. I can see that people, mainly Dan are angry about me, as I have gone off the team and I am not as active as I used to be on the forum and hardly ever on the servers anymore nor meetings very often. The prolem is I can get bored quite easy, non of this being anyones fault. I know I could do a lot more for the team, but having second thoughts, it seems I am not as commited as I have been, and looks now that 'I have no respect and can't be bothered with the team anymore'. It seems I play a vital role in this team, but with me being less frequent, it seems to think 'I am actually right to still to be in this team?', or 'should I be kicked?'...

The answer is up to you, I am just uncertain now and I might just prefer to go and explore more of LFS rather than being kept in a casing.

We really need more members and more interest, but it seems all of the people wanting to join are thrown to me, but I am not reliable to know when I am avialable on the PC as I share it. We need to inculde other members to be able to do try-outs for the people who wish to join, as I am barely aviable most of the time.

Its just Dan has totaly committed him self to this project, and is putting all this time, effort and money into it, but it seems to go nowhere so I feel sorry for him.

The other problem is, if it causes so much money problems, time consuming so you can't do anything much else in your life etc. perhaps this isn't working how you wanted it to?

Well... at least I have sayed what I have had to say and just hope that sillyproject goes forward rather than backwards from this point onwards. I think we really need a good sort out and recruitment of commited players and go on a big recruitment advertisment...
(¯`·._.·[Ś†Êvö]·._.·´¯)
Stevo
2.2L Turbo

Postby [SPTR] Luis! » Fri 15 Feb 2008 00:11

Lut tout le monde,

Moi je fais parti des "premiers" a être recruter à "la volé" par Dan et Jym. Moi aussi je suis en études mais je vient presque tout les soirs même quand tout va mal au tours de moi je vient pour passer un bon moment avec la team.

Mais malheureusement vu le peut d'intérêt que portes les autres membres a la team je trouve tout a fais normal que le fondateur pousse un coup de gueule!

Bon je croit que c'est l'un des grand tournant de la team en ce jour de Saint-Valentin.

Made by Luis le 14.02.2008
[SPTR] Luis!
2.2L Turbo

Postby Speed » Fri 15 Feb 2008 01:29

Dan, i fully understand your problem. i dont know what you think of me but i think that i'm a reasonable active person, but i can't play tht more as i did because i already have my exams at 2 months and i really must learn for that. i'm mostly online at the weekends.

Speed
Speed
2.2L Turbo

Postby Blaeza » Fri 15 Feb 2008 03:10

Hiya Dan. I'm sorry to here about your team going south! I've not played LFS for quite a while now due to ;

1. Various GPU problems and a massively overheating laptop
2. Pissed off with setting up my DFP everynight to play LFS
3. Working nights as of 1 week ago has killed all my gaming time, as missus wants some 'us' (?) time and she owns PC's and I have Xbox.

Anyway, enough excuses from me. Good luck in the future and I was shit really anyway, so no loss to you lot... :D
I'm not the sharpest tool in the box, but when you're a 120kg wrecking ball, do you really need to be?
Blaeza
250 cc

Postby Andy » Fri 15 Feb 2008 10:16

I've seen this problem as soon as Dan mentioned it. Over time when I've been on the servers along with the SPTR members I have seen a decreasing number of people on them as time progressed. Now I was an SPTR member some months ago when the team first started, but due to a number of factors, I am no longer a member. The main one was my attitude, which I've seen an issue with for a fair number of members.

I have kindly been re-invited into the team when I get my new gaming rig in a few weeks time. The mains reason I had a bad attitude was because of my crappy pc lagging, making me crash, then people blaming me or me blaming them and arguments starting. Now I know this has nothing to do with this discussion, but it adds to the reasons why people leave. There is no 'fairness' when it comes to accidental crashes. However, last night I was on with Dan and all of 3 other SPTR members who turned up. There were lots of accidental bashings, but all that was said was "Sorry" and a reply of "No problem" and that was it. No bad attitudes leading to bans/kicks.

Don't let a bad attitude get you kicked from the team, and that includes not turning up to the meetings. Thats classed as a bad attitude towards the team.

As for the servers, I get a 45ms ping from up here in the UK. Hell, my own server is hosted just a few racks away from Dans which is the reason I got the server where Dans is. The servers are not slow, it is only your connection or computer doing this. The majority of everyone else has great results.

I think I've gone off topic a lot in this post but its things that had to be said. Well done to all those people (Luis, Sol, Speed etc) who have bothered to turn up to meetings. I hope you continue to do so and help keep the team alive. As for everyone else, get off your backsides and race!

Andy out...
Andy
250 cc

Postby M.Irfan » Fri 15 Feb 2008 11:17

hi dan,

i didn't attend ur meeting coz i gt it late... and my computer lags luck F*** so i was scared you guys will get annoyed... so i didn't come...
Life's always miserable
M.Irfan
250 cc

Postby Andy » Fri 15 Feb 2008 13:48

M.Irfan wrote:hi dan,

i didn't attend ur meeting coz i gt it late... and my computer lags luck F*** so i was scared you guys will get annoyed... so i didn't come...

So what if your computer lags? The least you can do if you're having problems is drop by and tell us you won't be participating this evening because your computer isn't working. We won't get scared of you lagging, and we won't get annoyed, but we will get annoyed if you don't turn up at all. Like Dan keeps saying, this is a team and we have to work as a team. The team will only be as good as its members.
Andy
250 cc

Previous

Return to The Silly Project LFS Servers